From suburbia to urban living
we’ve got your condo covered.


Protecting You and Your Condo

Condo and townhouse owners require specialized insurance coverage to protect against property damage and liability as well as for any out-of-pocket expenses that may not be covered by the association in the event of a loss or accident that occurs in a common area on the property. Dickstein Associates Agency provides the coverage you need to keep you protected.

Inside Your Condo Policy

Condo insurance protects your unit and the contents inside while your condo association’s master policy covers major and minor damage to common areas, which can include everything from a gym, pool, staircase, lobby, elevator, and roof to sidewalks. A Condo policy much like Homeowners insurance covers damage to your unit and personal belongings (furniture, appliances, clothing, electronics) in the event of fire, bad weather, and theft and vandalism.  If you plan on upgrading your unit, any improvements you make can also be covered under your Condo policy, including wall units, renovations, wallpaper. In addition, you’ll have Additional Living Expenses coverage if you need to move out as a result of a covered peril while repairs or rebuilding takes place. The policy doesn’t cover flood or earthquake damage – you need to buy separate policies for these hazards.

We recommend obtaining Loss Assessment coverage with your Condo policy in the event a claim involves the building or common areas and the limits in the condo’s association master policy fall short. This covers the remaining out-of-pocket expenses. For example, let’s say a fire damages the roof and siding of the building. The master policy covers $1 million in damage, but the repairs total $1.1 million. The remaining $100,000 in expenses will be the responsibility of the condo owners. If you live in a condo building with 50 units, the $100,000 shortfall will be divided by each owner to pay, which works out to $2,000 per owner. Loss Assessment coverage steps in to cover the extra expense.

Let the professionals at Dickstein Associates Agency evaluate your needs to put the right policy in place for you.

Locations We Serve

New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan and Utah.